Training in Jordan
In this first tier of the training, international experts trained staff from the Animal Wealth Laboratories in Amman on the subject matter and on training methodologies:
Ten staff of the Jordan Veterinary Services were trained:
a. On sampling and sample submission of suspected cases of Anthrax, Brucella, Rabies, Crimean Congo Haemorrhagic Fever (CCHF), Q-fever and highly pathogenic avian influenza (HPAI) H5N1 to regional or national or international laboratories;
b. To act as trainers to deliver training to lab technicians and local veterinary field staff on:
- Recognizing the infectious diseases mentioned above;
- Sampling suspect cases of these infectious diseases;
- Processing of samples/transport to national reference lab;
- Receiving and handling hazardous samples;
- Archiving of submitted samples;
- Biosecure disposal of test materials.
National laboratories were equipped with a minimum sample set of materials to receive, handle, archive and forward hazardous samples to international reference laboratories.